Thursday 7 December 2006
Many cricket followers in the world may think that batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar should drop himself down the order as age is catching up with him and his reflexes may not be as sharp as it used to be when he was young.
It is also unfair to compare another run-machine and West Indies captain Brian Lara, who is catching up with the Indian legend as far as Test centuries are concerned, as the two are totally different type of players.
There is no way one can compare a left-handed batsman with a right-hander. In any sport, a left-handed player has more flair and grace than a right-hander.
Moreover, Sachin’s record in One-Day Internationals takes some beating even for players like Lara and Aussie skipper Ricky Ponting or his deputy Adam Gilchrist, who are tipped to overtake the little master, in the near future.
Another point his critics raise is that Team India loses when ever Sachin scores a ton, which sounds pretty foolish. A single individual is helpless if the team does not rally round him in a team sport like cricket even though Sachin has won many matches for his team with major contributions.
Despite scoring 35 Test centuries and 40 ODI tons, a world record, if a section of cricket lovers suspect his class, be it. It is impossible to convince every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Sachin should keep opening the innings in the ODIs till he retires as it will only benefit the team apart from keeping his records in tact and gives ten reasons why he should be the number one batter for the country.
1. Being the number one batsman in side for the past 17 years, Sachin, has scored 37 of his total 40 tons (370 matches) as an opener while the remaining three has come batting at number four.
2. Sachin has an average of 48.70 as an opener compared to 9.88 as a one drop, 37.51 at number four, 28.42 at number five and 27.75 as number six batsman.
3. The master-blaster has scored 11,640 runs, of his total 14,444 runs, as an opening batsman, till the start of the South African tour, so far. He has scored 59 runs at number three, 1838 runs at number four, 796 runs at number five and 111 runs at number six positions.
4. Out of the 370 ODIs Sachin has figured in, India has won 185 and lost 165 with the remaining 20 yielding no results.
5. As an opener he is involved in six double hundred partnerships, which is another feather in his cap.
6. He is also associated in 73 century partnerships, with 92 per cent of them as an opening batsman, which is another world record.
7. He scored his highest individual score of 186 not out as an opening batsman.
8. Despite missing 13 ODIs this year, he has an impressive average of 90 plus as an opening batsman this year.
9. He has scored six centuries against the world champions Australia opening the innings.
10. Sachin scored a fine 141 not out, opening the innings, in his come back match after a long injury lay-off against the West Indies in DLF Cup to show that he is still one of the most destructive opening batsmen in the world in the shorter version of the game.
Posted by Pats.... at 5:05:00 PM
Wednesday 6 December 2006
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like godsent and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season!
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.
Posted by Pats.... at 12:29:00 AM
Tuesday 5 December 2006
a five letter word v all use so very often!!!little do we realise it's true meaning....
i lie to my mother about my girlfriend n say "trust me maaa he's only a friend!!"
my girlfriend lies to me about her other "SPECIAL" friends and says "trust me he's nuttin compared to you!!"
my best friend lies to me sayin "trust me malav i'll neva lie to you!!"
so here.....TRUST becomes a synonym to a LIE!!
everytime you lie....you replace it by a trust...
WE make a false world of trust around us...and ALAS!! wen our trust breaks.... the tears fall.. slowly wetting your skin....and you wonder what you did to deserve what u are deserving at the moment....
you wonder what did u eva do to fuck ur life soooo bad??
.......and then you wonder...what did you define as TRUST??
our great OXFORD dictionary defines trust as: a firm belief in the reliability or truth or strength in a person or thing;a confident expectation!!
and then again.... do words like RELIABILITY and TRUTH exist in today's world??
hmmm.....welll i realy wonder about that!!!
the whole bloody world is a SHAM.....!!
full of pathetic cowards lying to themselves!!!
it's a sorry state for me to b living in a world full of pretence(especially when i know i belong to the same category of pathetic cowards!)...
PRETENCE infront of unknown ppl n not sparing those who are close to you....
all of us pretend to b something v're not.... constantly trying hard to be what others want us to be in order to b liked.....
and all this pretence....alll the lies in the name of trust suffocate me...
feels like i'm rotting in this world...
slowly decaying in the process of being the way the society wants me to b...
slowly forgetting what trust is.....forgetting how to trust, who to trust, and when to trust...
when ppl u trust the most deceive you.....who do you turn to.... who do you trust??
Who Do I Trust??
Posted by Pats.... at 11:37:00 PM